Chef Mike’s Pasta Salad
Chef Mike's secret part salad recipe is out! This is the perfect dish to balance out fired and rich snacks at your super bowl party.
1/2 pound bacon, chopped
6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and diced
1 onion, small diced
3 stalks celery, diced
1 box elbow macaroni, cooked and cooled
1 cup mayo (more if you like it a bit wetter)
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1 tablespoon fennel seeds, chopped
1 tablespoon celery seeds or you can use celery salt Salt and Pepper to taste
1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
1-3 dashes hot sauce
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium high heat until crispy.
- Pull out bacon from the skillet and let cool. Save the bacon grease.
- In a large bowl add the eggs, onion, celery and cooked macaroni. In a medium bowl using a whisk add the mayo, bacon grease, dijon, fennel seeds, celery seeds, half the chopped parsley, hot sauce and salt and pepper. Whisk until combined and smooth.
- Add the mayo dressing into the pasta bowl and stir to combine. Top with remaining parsley.
- Chill for an hour then serve.